Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The road is wide open!


We're at an amazing peak of our lives as we prepare ourselves for change. Shane is studying hard for his GC license. I am venturing out into the world of chick literature, fiction of course. Alongwith a friend, I am working on a business idea that will hopefully flint success. Plus, looking into starting a family at the end of the year. Since mom instilled the chi of modesty, humbleness, and humility into my existence, discretion would be wise.

Shellie's proverb: Rot is best enjoyed by scavengers.

Flashback: It was the spring of seventy six, I snuck into the storage room adjacent to the patio and dusted off a box that read chemistry set. I unlatched the black velvet box that sheltered a microscope, glass tubes, glass rectangles, magnifying glass, circle plastic containers. I needed a specimen, a cockroach, a spider, a potato bug. Something to smudge and analyze! Mom stood there pinning clothes to the clothes line. I screamed with urgency, "Momma, I'll be a scientist when I grow up!" My exclamation followed a healthy whap to the butt. Mom grabbed my shoulders and looked me straight in the eye, "Anako, you never speak of the future. You don't know what will happen in the future!"

Hence, the closest study to science I practiced was shilly-shally. There is a great deal of goodness to achieve this year and not much to lose. Life has a lot to offer, if your not afraid to go toe to toe with it. We've got nothing to lose, so it's time to shoot for the stars.

Lesson: A solid grasshopper is one that has endured injury to his thorax, yet is not afraid to dismount from a triple McAxel.

No comments:

Post a Comment