Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Golden Egg


It's dilemma after disaster after dilemma. So to add to my true spirit of weddings, my parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary in July. Each sibling is handling one task. I have the simple task of the invitations. What a dream come true. It’s easy, simple and once it’s done, my deed is complete.
The theme is gold. Do I dare venture to insert attire: Come with your best gold attire. Gold shoes. I mean I'm talking Filipino, so naturally, there is no need to take it to the next level, because we are loud and colorful. I will address the invitation to read Come in your best gold intentions: gold shoes, gold lame blouse, gold belt, gold bow in your hair. Come covered in golden poop!

Shellie's Proverb: A mind that is spacious just needs a good interior decorator.

In celebration of the theme, mom and dad are requesting that each child and grandchild perform their special talent at the reception. Can I laugh a little harder? Good Lord and his magic wand! I do not come equipped with talent. I could read and deconstruct a haiku poem that I wrote. I can display an array of shoes I purchased in this year alone and explain why they're vital to my survival? I could do a cooking demo for dummies? I am talentlessly talented.

Lesson: A starving Grasshopper must always have an appetite to plead for mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment